precare & aftercare
precare & aftercare
You will get much better results when you properly prep. It all starts with a good canvas! The procedure area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated. Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before the procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face/skin
- Do not have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have botox 4 weeks prior.
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
- In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit
- Do not drink alcohol 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee or any caffeine on the day your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
- During the healing process avoid sun beds, sun, saunas and swimming pools. Don’t scratch the scab. Scratching may cause forming of a scar. Allow the brows to heal themselves. Keep in mind the fact that a permanent make-up procedure is an invasive procedure during which the epidermis gets broken into.
- Follow the specialist’s after care recommendations. Don’t look for information on internet forums. If you have any questions, start with contacting the person who has performed the procedure
- Don’t apply cosmetic products to the pigmentation area. It may cause an infection of the pigmented zone. It’s very important to wash the brows in the first few days after the pigmentation! Don’t let the scab to form on the brows. Wipe the brows wet with the hairs and against the hairs. Don’t pat the plasm in, wash it down thoroughly.
- Don’t panic if the brows are reddened or the pigment seems warmer than the expected effect, remember that the skin is still healing. The final, ultimate color will be visible 4 weeks after the pigmentation.
- Don’t forget about the correction procedure which will allow evening up of the brow color and, if it’s necessary, saturating of the brows. The correction procedure should be performed 6 weeks to 3 months after the first procedure. You will be given a very detailed post-care guide after your permanent makeup treatment.